Message from the Kansas State Treasurer
May 19, 2020
Agency partners: In consideration of the phased-in plan to reopen the State released from Governor Kelly, we would like to provide some modifications to the functions of the State Treasurer’s Office (STO) we will continue to provide.
We have modified procedures in place for the following beginning Tuesday, May 5th:
- US Bank Branch Check Deposits – Any agency needing to make a check deposit, may continue taking their deposit to any US Bank location using drive through services. If you are visiting the US Bank branch on Jackson in downtown Topeka, please ask for some deposit slips to use throughout Phase I & II of the Governor’s Plan.
- Remember to email TreasCash@treasurer.ks.gov with the amount of the deposit and your SMART deposit ID before you drop off a deposit. This step is vital to the timely reconciliation of banking transactions.
- STO Check Deposits – Our office will be open from 8am to 10am Monday thru Friday for agencies located in or who have security access to Landon State Office Building for a no contact drop off of check deposits. You are asked to leave the deposit in the designated space in our lobby with the printout of your SMART deposit. Our staff will collect the deposits after you have left.
- Please note that we remain unable to accept cash in the office at this time. Cash should continue to be taken directly to a US Bank branch.
- Check Distribution – Agencies who have checks printed using SMART should continue using the handling code “CM” when possible to have the checks printed and mailed directly to the receiver. We understand however that some vendors require additional paperwork to be sent with checks. If you need to handle the checks before they can go to the vendor, you may use your handling code. When using your handling code, your options are to pick up the checks from Central Mail or to contact Cheryl by email at Cheryl.Buxton@ks.gov and request that your Agency’s checks be mailed to you using USPS. If you choose to receive your checks by mail, please provide Cheryl with your desired mailing address in the email.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will follow guidelines provided by the Governor’s office, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Shauna Wake, M.B.A.
Director of Fiscal Services
Office of the Kansas State Treasurer Jake LaTurner
900 SW Jackson, Suite 201
Topeka, KS 66612-1235