State Treasurer's Office and Phase II of the Governor’s plan
June 11, 2020
Agency Partners: In consideration of the implementation of Phase II of the Governor’s plan, we would like to provide some modifications to the functions provided by the State Treasurer’s Office (STO).
We have modified procedures in place for the following beginning Tuesday, May 26th:
- STO Check Deposits – Our office will be open from 8am to 4pm Monday thru Friday for a no contact drop off of check deposits. You are asked to leave the deposit in the designated space in our lobby with the printout of your SMART deposit. Our staff will collect the deposits at regular intervals while the vestibule is cleared.
- Please note that we remain unable to accept cash in the office at this time. Cash should continue to be taken directly to a U.S. Bank branch following established procedure.
- Checks received after 2pm may not be included in the current day’s SMART release.
- U.S. Bank Branch Check Deposits – Agencies may choose to continue taking check deposits to a US Bank branch location using drive through services if they wish.
- Please remember to email TreasCash@treasurer.ks.gov with the amount of the deposit and your SMART deposit ID BEFORE you drop off the deposit. This step is vital to the timely reconciliation of banking transactions.
- Check Distribution – Central Mail will no longer hold SMART checks for pickup beginning Tuesday, May 26th. Checks will be delivered to the STO and then will be distributed to agencies to the addresses we have on file according to your handling code. Checks will not be available for pickup in our office.
Thank you for your cooperation in our continued efforts to ensure the health and safety of our staff and those who visit our office. We will continue to monitor the situation and will follow guidelines provided by the Governor’s office, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Shauna Wake, M.B.A.
Director of Fiscal Services
Office of the Kansas State Treasurer Jake LaTurner
900 SW Jackson, Suite 201
Topeka, KS 66612-1235