COVID-19 Transactions – Program and ChartField2
August 18, 2020
Program codes 21662 (COVID-19 Transactions) and 97662 (COVID 19 Off-budget) were added to SMART to capture all transactions related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Agencies shall continue to use the COVID program code as long as COVID expense transactions occur.
Examples of transactions that should use the COVID-19 program code:
- Deposits for COVID-19 revenue
- Purchase of laptop computers so staff can work remotely
- Meals, lodging and/or miscellaneous expenses for emergency response
- Military activation
- Supplies for disinfection (cleaners, anti-bacterial gel, etc.)
- Medical supplies (gloves, masks, thermometers, test kits, etc.)
- Salaries and wages for additional personnel or overtime costs due to outbreak response
- Overtime costs for staff working to cover tasks when co-workers cannot report due to self-quarantine or no access to daycare for school-age kids
- Costs due to the cancellation of activities
Examples that should not use the COVID-19 program code:
- Salaries and wages for staff working remotely or performing normal tasks during the statewide office closure
Questions about whether a COVID program code should be used to record specific expenses or revenues should be directed to the Division of the Budget.
To facilitate federal reporting for CARES Act funds, new ChartField2 values were added to SMART. All transactions using Fund 3753 must include a ChartField2 value. Agencies may choose to use ChartField2 on other COVID expense transactions as well, regardless of the fund being used.
|CRFPERS||Budgeted Personnel and Services Diverted to a Substantially Different Use|
|CRFTSTT||COVID-19 Testing and Contact Tracing|
|CRFECON||Economic Support (other than Small Business, Housing, and Food Assistance)|
|CRFETAN||Expenses Associated with the Issuance of Tax Anticipation Notes|
|CRFDSLN||Facilitating Distance Learning|
|CRFTELE||Improve Telework Capabilities of Public Employees|
|CRFNURS||Nursing Home Assistance|
|CRFPHSE||Payroll for Public Health and Safety Employees|
|CRFPPEQ||Personal Protective Equipment|
|CRFPHEX||Public Health Expenses|
|CRFSBAS||Small Business Assistance|
|CRFOTHR||Items Not Listed Above|
Questions about which category should be used for a specific expenditure should be directed to Taylor Hawkins, Recovery Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Create a ManageEngine Service Desk ticket for any other questions.